Hello ma!
Well, this week was awesome. I'm so glad you got to have a good birthday! Jer sent me a pic of his new quad.... what the craP! I'm glad you liked the story I sent you. I have read it like a million times and every time I tear up! It makes me mad!... I'M A MAN! Anyways, this week I have not done anything too stupid. I worked out my legs hard core, so the next morning I was so sore and had to walk over 10 miles.... that was very exciting! This recent convert named Eric Dormyer is really struggling with money and his wife. We go over to see him as much as we can. He called me yesterday and asked if we would workout with him everyday. It's going to be awesome! Otherwise, he is so hard to get a hold of! If we see him everyday and teach him while we workout! mmm yep amazing. It should go pretty well! We are playing football again today so I hope i don't get smashed! haha. There has been a lot of wind and that's pretty much about it! No rain or snow which I'm pretty thankful for! I'm not being transferred. We are both staying here. I'm pretty excited about that! I love you all so much. I hope this week is awesome! KEEP THAT QUOTE IN YOUR HEAD! People ask me why I laugh so much! There is so much to smile for and laugh at! We are alive and healthy! I love you!
Love, Elder Naylor
This is the story Elder Naylor mentioned in the above letter:
The following event took place in SLC in 1974. It occurred during a Sacrament meeting and was told by a Regional Rep of the Twelve who was in the meeting. A young man, just before leaving on his mission stood in Sacrament meeting and bore in essence the following testimony: Brothers and Sisters, as you know, the past two weeks I've been waiting on my mission call. During the time I was waiting I had a dream. I knew it was not an ordinary dream. I dreamed I was in the pre-existence and awaiting my call to come to earth. I was filled with the same excitement and anticipation that I had before I received my mission call. In my dream, I was talking to a friend, and I felt a special closeness to him, even though I've never met him in this life. As we talked a messenger came and gave me a letter. I knew it was my call to go to earth. In great excitement, my friend and I opened my letter. I gave it to him and asked him to read it out loud. You've been called to earth in a special time and to a special land. You will be born into the true church and you will have the priesthood of God in your home. You will be born in a land of plenty, in a land of Freedom! You will go to the earth in the United States of America. My friend and I rejoiced as we read my call, and while we were rejoicing the messenger returned. This time he had a letter for my friend. We knew it was his call to earth. My friend gave the letter to me to read out loud. His letter said: You've been called to go to earth in circumstances of poverty and strife. You will not be raised in the true church. Many hardships will attend your life. Your land will be fraught with political and social difficulties-which will hinder the work of the Lord; you will be born in Costa Rica. We wept, my friend and I, as we read his call. And my friend looked at me with tears in his eyes, and said" When we are down on earth, you in your choice land, and me in Costa Rica, my friend, please come and find me." Then this young missionary, with tears in his eyes, said; "Brothers and Sisters, I have received my mission call, I am going to Costa Rica." There is a sequel to this story. About a year after the Sacrament meeting, the bishop received a letter from the missionary in Costa Rica. The letter had one sheet of paper in it and on that sheet in capital letters was written four words: I FOUND MY FRIEND!
The quote that was referred to in the above letter:
"The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache." Marjorie Pay Hinckley
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment